Hotwire Hotel: HELP: Ft. Lauderdale

dpatrickrud
By dpatrickrud,
in

I am looking for 4 rooms for one night for a hotel near FLL in late March prior to returning home after a week in Florida. There is a hotel for 3.5* for $65 per night with pool, fitness, and golf as the amenities. It is also listed as a customer favorite and a "Best Value". After looking around other areas on the site, it appears as if this hotel is the Bonaventure Resort in Weston. Reviews of this hotel have been somewhat mixed; it also appears that it charges $10/night for a resort fee. Can anyone provide confirmation that this is the hotel? Also, any recent experiences at the Bonaventure?

Thanks - this is for a one night stay, check-in on Saturday March 27th, check-out on the 28th. We need 3 -4 rooms as we have 5 adults and 6 kids. We are looking for a hotel within 30 min of FLL as our returning flight departs Sun at 9:45am. Key is having a hotel that has a nice pool and is close enough to some restaraunts for an easy dinner. Last year, we were fortunate enough to get a set of rooms at the Embassy Suites FLL Downtown for ~ $75 via Hotwire or Priceline, but that hotel this year appear to be in excess of $200 per room this time around.

Overall, my maximum is in the $90-$100 range per room. I have not yet booked a back up, but there are a few TownPlace Suites/Courtyard-like properties in the $90-$110 range that we will pursue if we cannot hook up with a hotel with nicer recreation amenities. It did appear that the Renaissance Plantation hotel was booking in the $55 per night range via Priceline on certain dates in March, but I was unsuccessful with my first attempt a few days ago at that price range.

I had only looked at the Downtown and Airport zones since you wanted to be so close to the airport. I was concerned that getting a property in any other area may put you too far away from your desired location. Exactly which zones are you willing to consider and i'll provide a recommended strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are driving from the Gulf Coast area toward Fort Lauderdale on Saturday and our flights don't leave FLL until Sun at 10am, so we do have some flexibility. I am considering the following zones: FLL airport, Fort Lauderdale Downtown, Fort Lauderdale Beach, North Fort Lauderdale, and Sunrise/Weston/Plantation. Thanks for your help -

Since the amenities and things in the area seem important to you for this trip maybe Hotwire is a good option if you can make a resonable guess as to its identify beforehand.

What appears to be the Crown Plaza Sawgrass/Sunrise shows up for you date ~$75/room. Although I think it is more of a business hotel, it seems to get great reviews, it has a picture of the pool on their website so you can take a look at it, and it's apparently right across the street from the mall which should give you plenty to do and restaurants to choose from. Website indicates it's about 20 minutes to the airport.

If you'd rather try Priceline i can put together a bidding strategy, but with Priceline there is a better chance that the hotel you're looking for doesn't even have a pool or any of the other amentiies you're looking for.

What are your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will likely try Priceline again. I had attempted a bid a few days ago that, with free re-bids, max'd out at $55/night within the grouping below (or something very close to it). Given that the available rooms tend to change from time to time, I will try them before booking via HotWire. I have not scanned other postings, but since I am trying to get 4 rooms for one night, is it better to put all 4 rooms in one request, or should I lower the number and try and change after the fact? Thanks -

I don't think you want rooms at different hotels so i'd highly recommend only bidding for all the rooms at once.

I haven't scanned the other zones, but as i said above, the Downtown and Airport zones are priced high for your date, so it very well may take a higher bid than others have received.

Prior prices are useful since the majority of the time demand is 'normal', but when demand increases, so do prices.

A four-star "best value" hotel comes up in North Fort Lauderdale for $83 a night on Hotwire. According to the Hotwire hotel list, this is the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek, which is an all-suites hotel like the Embassy Suites (except no free breakfast). It's right off of 95, not far from the airport, with many restaurants nearby.

bjems,

Have you stayed at this property (Sheraton)? When i saw the listing at Hotwire i looked into it and the reviews were very mixed with a negative bias. There didn't seem to be any middle of the road... reviews either offered high praise or ripped the place shreds.

I'd be curious as to your own experience if you have stayed there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]