Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court -Knightbridge) Holiday Inn Forum

spuck20
By spuck20,
in

Does anyone have any idea how the Holiday Inn Forum in Kensington is showing up as far as the Trip Advisor ratings and the number of reviews?

I'm noting a couple other 3.5* properties with the same amenities in that area, but one shows as a 3.0 Trip Advisor rating and 80+ reviews and the other is 3.5 Trip Advisor with 100+ ratings. The Forum should be a 4.0 with 200+ reviews. I guess they could stop raising it after 100+, but it definitely shouldn't be a 3.5 Trip Advisor rating unless Hotwire is intentionally dropping it to disguise it.

There are a couple of Hiltons and a Radisson that possibly fit the descriptions and I'd prefer to avoid those.

Any observations to share? Thanks.

What are the date(s) of this leg of your stay?

The TA ratings are not updated dynamically, nor frequently, and are simply a 'snapshot' on a given day. So if the rating has changed, there can very well (and often is) a difference between what is being shown by HOTWIRE and the current TA rating.

What are the amenities, star rating, etc, that HOTWIRE associates with the hotel(s) your seeing?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities match whatever it is that is listed on the hotel list as corresponding to the HolInn Kensington Forum. Restaurant, Fitness, and business center I think they are. 3.5 star also.

That's good information to know that the the Trip Advisor ratings are not dynamically linked.

That leg of our trip is from April 6 through April 10.

The amenities are quite common for a London (or any other city for that matter) hotel, but best guess would be that this is the Holiday Inn Kennsington Forum.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchase you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up with the Holiday Inn Kennsington Forum but through Priceline so can't verify if that was the correct hotel or not. Saved about $15 per night per room over the Hotwire price that may have been for the same hotel. I'll post that over in the Priceline forum.

One thing I did note about the Hotwire hotels in England - this may be old news but just in case - Hilton properties show up with the VAT apparently included in the price and with fees of just $15 or so from Hotwire added to the total price making it much easier to tell if that's what they are. I suppose other chains could do the same thing so my observation wouldn't be completely valid but it would seem to be a good thing to check if you're wanting the Holiday Inn Kennsington rather than the Hilton Olympia.

Started with Kensington and $80

Added Westminster at $83

Added Financial District at $85 and got the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum which is what I was shooting for.

Been there 3 times in the past and I think it's one of the better locations you can get. Not the greatest choices for eats nearby, but it is a block from a Tube station with 3 lines. You can get from there to almost anywhere in the city you'd want to go without having to change lines.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]