CT Wellesley Inn Danbury

Chris L. in New York
By Chris L. in New York,
in

We stayed for two nights in this hotel. The website has the La Quinta logo so we assumed they would have the same quality standards as the rest of the La Quinta chain. We were wrong.

The hotel shares a parking lot with the Outback restaurant next door so parking was a problem. The exit only door didn't shut properly so anyone could gain access to the hotel even without a room key.

There were cigarette butts and an empty corkboard covered in graffiti in the elevator. The mattress was thin and hard and the shower knob was very difficult to pull. The shower head supplied a meager spray.

The amenities consisted of one bottle of shampoo and two small bars of soap. We were only given two small towels. The coffeemaker filter basket was filthy.

The website says there is an outdoor pool but we found out after arriving that the pool is indoors. This could be considered a bonus but we didn't pack swimsuits so it was a disappointment. It was probably a blessing in disguise if their cleanliness standards for the pool were anywhere near those for the rest of the building.

The website said there was a free continental breakfast but the in-room directory made no mention of it. I called the front desk and was given directions to the Breakfast Room. It wasn't worth the effort as the selection was very limited.

We left a tip and a note for the housekeeper asking for more disposable cups and extra towels. When we got back to our room at 8:00 pm, housekeeping hadn't been in. I inquired at the front desk and was told housekeeping only comes when you call or "when you've been there a month". I have never heard of this in all the hotels I've stayed in.

We checked the in-room directory and saw checkout was at noon so we packed up and left right before 12:00 pm. To my partner's surprise, his room key didn't work. He checked at the front desk and was told check-out was at 11:00, not 12:00.

The whole building had the feeling of an inner city tenament. I would never stay there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]