in

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $320.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $51.53

Total Charges*: $371.53

For april 23-27 2007

Read that its far from waikiki but great for those who is looking for a getaway. :) Will update on my return.

Ah, this place is back! I stayed there many years ago when it was a Sheraton. Here's an article about its tortured history.

http://starbulletin.com/2004/02/12/business/story1.html

My memory of the place is hazy, and I'm sure they've pumped lot of money into renovations. It's being operated by a quality lodging chain, Fairmont, so it certainly should be OK.

It is definitely "remote" by Oahu standards, and that part of the island doesn't really have any tourist-oriented facilities (or a reputation for being tourist-friendly). That said, if you want an affordable alternative to Waikiki, it could be an option. I think most visitors would do better to stay in Waikiki (prices are up but the 3 stars shouldn't be much more than $80) and, if they want a more "pastoral" Hawaiian experience, visit a neighboring island instead. Very cheap interisland airfares (like $29 each way) make that a good option these days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]