Priceline Hotel: Need help South Miami

windjay
By windjay,
in

Sure we can help... but we'll need the date(s) of your stay.

Also it seems as if SW Miami only has 2.5* as the highest rated hotels... is that acceptable to you? (Dadeland has 3*)

Maybe somebody else could comment as to the 'feel' for each area and which would be more appropriate for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm... areas without much activitiy or history :)

There is a prior win in the Dadeland area at the 3* Marriott for $75 (rejected at $65) when the hotel's website had prices the same as they are for your date. If this is an acceptable price and you wanted to try this zone for 3*, you have 2 re-bids avaialble.

I would:

Select 3* Dadeland and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75.

If the above prices are too high you can always try lower first since you have time on your hands. I can also come up with a 2.5* strategy, but i'd have to do a little more research as to where to start your bid (i'd be guessing someplace in the $30's-$40's and have no idea if that's an accurate figure or not, but figured i'd get your feedback before ventruing off into 2.5* research).

I also took a look at Hotwire which has zones that are a little larger than Priceline, dont' know if those would work for your needs or not. Even though the zones are larger you may be able to identify the property beforehand and have a reasonable shot at being close to where you need to be (a little risk in doing this, but perhaps of the savings are worthwhile it would be worth a 'worse case scenario' of an extra 10-15 minute drive).

If you're really trying to go inexpensively, how far is Downtown Miami from where you need to be? It's one of the best values in all of Priceline (IMO).

Let me know your thoughts and i'll follow-up further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Whatever you do, DO NOT stay in Florida City!! A friend of mine works for Miami Dade Police, and specifically SW Miami, and says it's one of the worst parts of the city. He also lives in Dadeland, if that helps (in Kendall). You're better off checking SW Miami or Dadeland, both of which are better areas, or even go so far as Coconut Grove or Coral Gables, which is a great area, but about 15 minutes west.

Traffic is only bad in these areas around rush hour. I've traveled around these areas at other times and found it to be no worse or better than any other city.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]