Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court-Knightbridge) Holiday Inn Kensington

majorca
By majorca,
in

I'm going to be in London from 4-6-07 to 4-17-07. the first half being business and the second half being vacation. I had booked the second part from 4-12-07 to 4-17-07 and got the Copthorne for $100 so I decided that for the first part of my trip I'd just bid $100 in Kensington. I thought I'd get the same hotel, but it came up as the Holiday Inn. I was surprised, but I was ok with it. It's actually very close to the Copthorne, so changing hotels shouldn't be that big of an ordeal.

Originally I booked 4-6-07 to 4-12-07, but then I decided to add another day because of my work, I wouldn't be able to check out of the hotel at check out time, usually 11 or 12pm and then check in at 3 at the other hotel. I just don't have time during the day to do all that so that I could check in to the Copthorne the evening of the 12th and not have to worry about having to be out of the room early on the 12th. The extra $100 is worth it for me to to my hectic schedule.

6 days @ $100 = $600 plus $120.68 taxes = $720.68

plus 1 extra night for piece of mind @ $100 + $25.69 taxes = $125.69

for a grand total of $846.37 for 7 days.

I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to my trip

Majorca

Congratulations on another great deal!

As you have learned, never a good idea to assume you'll get the same hotel (especially on a long(er) stay such as this one). We have actually seen people who need two rooms but each wanted to charge their own credit cards, so they made the same exact bids, pressing the submit button simultaneously... and even they have received different hotels! :)

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you... looks like you did better than half price for this stay vs. a conventional booking! Spend some of that saved money on something nice in London :)

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]