Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Millennium Knickerbocker

majorca
By majorca,
in

I would like a 4* hotel in Chicago for 5 nights from 5-6-07 to 5-11-07 and I'm hoping to spend less than $100 per night.

Here's what I've bid so far.

4* Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area - $70 - rejected

add North Michigan Avenue - $75 - rejected

add rebid zone Midway - $77 - rejected

changed check out date to 5-10-07 and bid $80 - rejected

changed check in date to 5-7-07 and bid $85 - rejected

add Greater Chicago and bid $90 - rejected

I really only want to stay in the Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area or North Michigan Avenue.

I assume that I have to wait 72 hours before bidding again, is that correct.

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks,

Majorca

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $120 for a 4* (and maybe 3*) for these dates is very unlikely, due to two conventions taking up major hotel space for the first two days.

May 6-8

Food Marketing Institute - The FMI Show

McCormick Place North

Delegates: 35,000

www.fmi.org

May 6-8

9th Spring Fancy Food Show

Another option is Quikbook which has the Affinia Chicago for $153/nite... which for a few dollars more might be a higher quality than the HOTWIRE 3* above (NOTE: the Quikbook rate is non-refundable (most of their rates are cancellable, but this one is not)).

The reviews are predominately good as well.

AaronJB knows the area well so he may be able to best talk about the location of this hotel and answer any questions you have about it... if the above is of interest to you

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:)

Thank you to both of you. I appreciate your feedback, and so fast too. After looking at the different web sites and hotels, I decided to try priceline again. I thought about splitting my bid, but I really don't want to have to change hotels during the week.

After getting such good prices in London, San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, and New York, and seeing that people were booking 4* hotels at around $80, I thought I was going to get something in Chicago for less. It never occurred to me to check for conventions around that time. So thank you for that information

I checked on Hotwire and they had a 4* hotel for $199, a 3 1/2* for $183, and a 3* for $161 so I thought I'd try a 4* for $175 on priceline and I got it.

It's the Millennium Knicker Bocker. I got 5 nights at $175 = $875 + $151.12 taxes = $1026.12.

I checked the Hotel Website and I the price for those 5 nights is $1240.55 - which makes a savings of $224.43.

I'm just glad to have all my hotels booked through June now and I can move on to other things.

Thank you to so much,

Majorca

I've been to this hotel before, a friend of mine stayed there. And when Oprah was new to Chicago, she lived there for quite awhile.

I used to always stay at the Sutton Place Hotel, which is a really great hotel, but now that I've learned how to bid on Priceline, I just can't bear even thinking of paying those kinds of prices again. The Sutton Place hotel is currently listed at $315 per night during that time period.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]