Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Georgetown) Holiday Inn Georgetown (on Wisconsin)

majorca
By majorca,
in

On 2-9-07 I booked the Holiday Inn located at 2101 Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown, Washington DC from the Hotwire webiste for $154 per night for 7 nights ($1078.00 subtotal) plus $137.71 taxes for a total of $1215.71. This is my second time booking this hotel on Hotwire - the last time being in November 2006.

I tried booking a hotel on Priceline first. I really wanted to stay in Georgetown, but I couldn't get priceline to approve any of my bids starting at $80 and going up to $154. I knew that there was a 3 star available on Hotwire for $154 so I stopped my bids on priceline at $154. Once that was rejected, I bought this hotel on Hotwire.

The amenities listed on Hotwire are fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center laundry facilities.

I really love this hotel. The rooms are a nice size, nothing spectacular, but roomy and clean. The hotel staff is friendly. But the thing I love the most about this hotel is the location. I love walking around Georgetown. So many shops and restaurants.

Also, there is a grocery store a couple within walking distance a few doors down and the hotel provided a refrigerator at my request.

I usually only book 4* hotels where ever I go, but I hotel is as good as many of the 4* star hotels I have stayed at in the past.

I'm staying in Washington DC right now and I was watching the news and I heard that the norovirus was found today at the Crystal City Hyatt in Arlington.

Those who were not sick were evacuated from the hotel and those that were sick stayed at the hotel. The virus is easily transmitted through food and liquids or by touching a contaminated surface before touching your face. The virus is very strong and lasts 3 - 4 weeks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]