Priceline Hotel: HELP: Heathrow 4/25

yandro
By yandro,
in

I don't have any backup reservations. I am willing to continue to up my bid until it gets accepted. The regular prices are outrageous for that night, even with other sites such as Expedia, etc.

Someone else had posted that they were accepted for $69 in that area so I figured this would not be much of a hassle. I checked to see if there were any major events going on and nothing really big, other than the London marathon a few days before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rates are date specific, and you noted, rates are high for this date, so somebody elses win may have very little bearing on your own success.

Also, "i'll keep bidding until successful" is not a good strategy because it can easily lead to an overbid. You need to know your next best alternative in order to make sure you don't bid too much and pay more than you could have thru a direct channel.

I did find the Thistle Heathrow for $113/nite (and given there is no booking fee this is only ~$6 more than the $91 bid you already made)... would that work well for your plans?

EDIT to ADD: the above Thistle link looks like that rate is for a single... not sure if you're traveling with anyone else.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would hope you'd be successful up to $150, but can't say for certain.

As you point out, rates are very high for these dates, indicating high demand. When demand gets high, there is little reason for hotels to offer deeply discounted rates to the opaque suppliers (or offer supply at all). The best rate i could find on a quick search for a 4* hotel on these dates at was nearly $250... so you're still looking for a $100 savings over a conventional booking during a high demand period... which is not always a 'lay-up'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]