Hotwire Hotel: Is this 2.5* the Grosvenor at Orlando LBV?

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

My daughter and a girl friend (both 18) want to take a mini spring break somewhere warm from March 11-March 14.

I am checking out Disney World and so far all the Disney resorts are booked solid. However for the above dates, hotwire is listing a 2.5* property, for Orlando Lake Buena Vista, for $68 a night... with amenities Resort, Pool, Business, Tennis, Fitness, Restaurant, Laundry, Children's Activity Program. According to the pinned listed on here Grosvenor is a 2* not a 2.5*. I think maybe it got upgraded because some of the rooms have undergone a renovation. I also think it is the Grosvenor because Hotwire says the price is 40% off the regular price, and the regular price to the penny matches a standard room at the Grosvenor.

The price is good, the location is good, but the TA reviews are very mixed to poor.

Any thoughts, ideas, or alternatives???

I am also not having great luck finding airfare deals... So far the cheapest is $175 R/T from Newark. Any NY tri state area airline okay. Also, destination not carved in stone, just that daughter not a partier (I am lucky) and looking for something fun...

Again, open to thoughts. There was a $399 special posted on hotwire for Bahamas included airfare and hotel but as of 1/23/07 you need a passport and neither girl has one.

Help. Please.

What is their budget?

Definately check age requirements at whatever hotel you're considering as many are now 21+ to check-in (I suspect a lot of this has to do with mini-bars in the room which usually have alcohol available for purchase... and therefore the liability for those under the drinking age may be too great) I'd try to look at mid-range hotels such as AmeriSuites, Residence Inn, etc. which don't typically offer a mini-bar.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel budget is around $100 a night, but willing to go higher.

The first preference is somewhere in the park or Downtown Disney so they can get easy shuttle service. Grosvenor I have ruled out. There is a special on travelzoo for an inside the park hotel for $69 a night through bookit.com. The reservationist at bookit.com said the age limit to check in is 18 so that works for us. I tentatively booked it and they said they will send me an email tomorrow with the hotel's name. I can cancel it if I don't want it.

Outside the park, I would want a place that has good shuttle service to the parks.

It looks like I won't be able to confirm whether the mystery hotel is or isn't the Grosvenor. A group of students going on a Spring Break alternative trip to New Orleans to work on home repairs had an opening and my daughter is going down with them. Cost is pretty minimal, so it works well for all of us, and I cancelled the hotel.

BTW, if the bookit.com mystery hotel is the Grosvenor, their advertising is misleading. Their list of Orlando hotels includes the Grosvenor and in the specs lists when the hotel was built and renovated. The dates do not match those of the mystery hotel.

Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks everyone for the help!

:) The mystery hotel through Bookit.com is the Grosvenor. I booked it through there and we stayed there 2 weekends ago. Lets just say I wanted to bath in Lysol when we got home. They are doing renovations but I dont know if even that will help. From my experience with the staff at check in they wouldnt take the time to check an age. I think they would let a monkey check in if it had id and a credit card.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]