Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Marriott Yorkville (on Bloor)

drco
By drco,
in

Hi,

I noticed that in your priceline hotel list for Toronto, there is a 4* for the airport. However, when I go to Priceline's name that price, and select the airport area, the 4* does not appear there.

Also, in Priceline, the Vaughan are shows that 4* is available. But the list does not show any 4* hotel.

Just want to clarify this before I start bidding.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

4* for the airport
The Wyndham Bristol is no longer owned by Wyndham (haven't looked to see if it was sold, turned into condos, etc) so we have updated the Priceline List to reflect this change.
the Vaughan are shows that 4* is available. But the list does not show any 4* hotel
If you look at the top of the hotel list you'll see that the list only contains hotels reported to the board... so a 4* hotel is this zone, although available, has not yet been reported.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know the parameters of your stay (acceptable zones, minimum star rating, and maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I want to book a 4* hotel in the Toronto Downtown area from May 3 to May 6 (3 nights). I started bidding and went as high as $70 but not successful. I checked Hotwire and there is a $73 4* hotel (most likely Cambridge). Also, when I run Hotwire for only May 3 - May 4, a $69 hotel appeared.

I guess my question is, would it be worthwhile to separate my booking? Seems like May 3 (Thurs) - May 4 (Fri) have lower rates compared to May 4 to May 6 (weekend). When I got a successful booking through Priceline, it gave me an option for Extended Stay. Assuming I was able to get a good rate for the May 3 - May 4 date, what is the likelihood of it accepting the Extended Stay?

I think my max bid should only go as high as $73, given that I'll be able to get the 4* hotwire for $73.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Need help identifying 4* Toronto Downtown hotel with the following amennities when 2 people is selected:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Planned date of stay is May 3 - May 6. It shows as Best Buy, for $73. Regular price is 172.95.

When 4 adults and 2 children are selected these amenities came up:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

It shows as Customer Favorite, for $103 with Regular Price of 207.96.

Thanks!

The first hotel has is a match for the Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville so that would be our best guess.

You don't mention the star rating of the second hotel, but i'm assuming it too is a 4 star? If correct, then that hotel is a match for the Westin Harbour Castle so that would be our best guess. However, do note that when you select occupancy more than 4 that HOTWIRE automatically changes your search to 2 rooms (just making sure you noticed).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, both are 4* hotels.

I thought the Marriott Toronto Bloor is 3*? Anyway, if this is the hotel I would be happy. Will try Priceline one more time tonight, and if not successful, will go ahead and get this Hotwire hotel.

I know Priceline has this hotel rated at 3* but I don't want to risk getting the Bond Place.

Thanks for the warning about the 2 rooms thing. Didn't know about this.

Will use the link and will let you know how it works. :)

thereur, you are right on target!!!

For Hotwire, I got the Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville! I know I could've gotten this cheaper if I bid on Priceline's 3 star hotel, but like I said, I don't want to risk getting the Bond Place. $73 is still a good deal so thank you, thank you and thank you! :)

Here were the amenities listed just to make it official:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Used the HOTWIRE link that you have provided.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]