Priceline Hotel: 4* April 26th -30th?

malino
By malino,
in

Hi

Me and my boyfriend are going to NY on April 26th-30th.

We're looking for a 4 * and are pretty flexible about where to stay on Manhattan. We'd rather stay south than north but aren't fussy.

We have a cancellable back up, Park South for $199, and don't want to go above that price.

We've never bid on Priceline before and it would be great to get help with a bidding strategy.

Cheers!

/malino

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon current prices i'm doubtful you'll be successful for a 4* hotel for your dates. If you'd like to give it a try let us know exactly which priceline zones you're willing to bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

I will add that the Park South is not a 4* hotel... i do think you can likely beat your current rate for a 3* property.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What it means is that, based on the regular hotel rates showing for your dates, the likelyhood of getting a win on Priceline at or under your max is small.

Ok -- wow -- sticker shock -- The most I've paid for a 4* was $90 in Downtown San Fran --

I figured NYC would be a little pricier -- but........

Might have to make me a shanty to sleep under -- but the wife won't be too thrilled with that option :-)

hmmmm,

Mike

I have family going to NYC in April and they were not prepared for the cost, either.

Not the most optimal suggestion (small rooms, mixed reviews, butv very good location), but I do see a 3* in the Times Square/Theatre District area on HOTWIRE for $179 w/the amenities: fitness/restaurant/business/hi-speed internet for $179. That looks as if it *may* be the Paramount.

Thanks for the welcome!

We're pretty flexible, but I guess our order would be:

Midtown South

Downtown

Midtown East

Midtown West

Upper Midtown

We've visited NY before and do like to stay pretty far south, but it's not a great concern. Further north than the southern limits of Central Park doesn't appeal though.

We're pretty happy with Park South Hotel otherwise, but thought it would be fun to try out Priceline.

Cheers!

Two re-bid zones available at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Select 4* MTW...

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS and Downtown...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS and MTW...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and MTS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and MTS and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and MTS and MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]