Priceline Hotel: Big Island General Info Help

megabass
By megabass,
in

Hello would like to plan a family vacation to the Big Island sometime after late May. However I'm wondering what would be the ideal time to plan the actual dates of stay since I'm somewhat flexible after Mid May. Since it is during early summer is this still considered high season or low? I've lightly browsed both priceline and hotwire and noted that not all the resorts are even available during these certain times. Especially on Hotwire I've seen that not all the higher end resorts or hotels are even offered during those times. Also what area of Hawaii would be preferred, seems to me that the West side (Kona) side seems driest... Any locations would be preferable on island for convenience? Sorry for the many questions but suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Eric

I would recommend going on Frommers.com for a quick overview of Hawaii. While there is no guarantee of snagging a resort on priceline at any time (especially in Hawaii!), all of May should be somewhat off-peak. So as long as there isn't a convention or special event, your odds are good.

There are no modern resorts on the east side (Hilo) of the Big Island, as that is the wet side. Yet, most folks (including me) enjoy spending time there. The island is big enough that, to see it all, you'd want to change locations at least once. The best guide to the island is "Hawaii Revealed," available on line for about 12 bucks.

Once you get your bearings, feel free to ask additional questions.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]