Priceline Hotel: 4* for 3/20-3/23

cerise
By cerise,
in

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to bid on priceline for a 4* hotels in MTE, MTW, MTW, UMT/CPS for 3/20-3/23 2007.

Based on the bids I've seen people win on here, I bid 120, 130, 140, 150, and 160, all rejected.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps Im going about this all wrong.

Advice would be much appreciated!

I too have been trying priceline for almost these exact dates. I am looking for 3/20 to 3/24/07. I have tried daily for 3 weeks now with no luck.

My sense is PL does not yet have inventory for these dates at a reasonable price. Most of the wins I have seen have been a week or two before someone travels.

My dilemma is whether to keep my backup - its the dirt cheap Americana Inn at 6th and West 38th street, switch to the Beekman, or wait and take my chances with PL.

The Americana gets good reviews and the location is close to where we want to be MTW or MTE - alas, it does have shared bathrooms. Since its me and my daughter, I need a room w/ 2 beds. I could get the Beekman now at about twice the cost of the $70 American rate. And I know it would accomodate the 2 beds

I guess my question is what is the liklihood other 4 stars will become available in the $120 range on PL as the trip draws closer - and if I wait, what is the liklihood the Beekman becomes booked and the rate on EasyClickTravel is no longer available.

It seems from checking several sites that prices have been dropping some the last several weeks - so . . .

superstein61,

I'll give a short answer below, but please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay so that it is kept distinct from the OP of this thread.

I guess my question is what is the liklihood other 4 stars will become available in the $120 range on PL as the trip draws closer - and if I wait, what is the liklihood the Beekman becomes booked and the rate on EasyClickTravel is no longer available.
The Beekman Tower almost never gives easyclicktravel additional rooms... once they go to "on request" it is usually done. Since EasyClickTravel is fully cancellable up until a couple of days before your stay, why not book it while you wait to see if you can get a better deal? Seems like you'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.

Please use our EasyClickTravel or Beekman Tower link to book, and if you start a NEW TOPIC, we'll also look for other options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]