Priceline Hotel: Wash DC Help!

bmcgui
By bmcgui,
in

Want to visit DC from Thurs 3/22/07 - Mon 3/26/07. I'm not familiar with the city, so I'm not sure what areas to bid. I will be travelling with my wife and our 1 year old daughter. Purpose of the trip is to see the touristy things (museums, White House, etc.).

I'd like a decent hotel (but it doesn't have to be fantastic) and would like to spend under $100 per night (less is more as I'm on a student budget!!).

Any suggestions on what areas to bid and what hotels may work?

Thanks!

You could check the winning bids here for similar dates. Keep in mind that weekends are usually cheaper than weekdays. You can see what the reviews are here and on Trip Advisor. You probable don't need a vehicle as the Metro makes getting around easy. It is a notoriously expensive city for hotels. I haven't found much relief on that in the suburbs connected to the Metro either, but you might get lucky on Priceline or Hotwire. I've had some luck checking for promotions on the hotels websites - you might focus on 2* and 2.5* where you are more likely to get free breakfast.

Good luck.

Frenchie Flyer

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]