Priceline Hotel: 3* - 4* MTE - MTW - 03/28 - 04/04

kevertje
By kevertje,
in

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice hotel in MTE/MTW for 7 nights starting 03/28.

I stayed 4 times already in NYC and never had the luck of booking a nice hotel via savingsbarn.com.

(Altough used this site for hotels in Philadelphia,Toronto,Washington,Ottawa etc)

Any suggestions ?

I know 7 nights is long but is it possible ?

I found the best rates on bookings.net so far (which is a dutch/uk company !) and I prefer the Night hotel, Dream hotel, Paramount. (all around 1650 - 1700 dollar ex tax for 7 nights)

Those rates don't seem that good...

If you want the Paramount you can have it for $184/nite or less:

Paramount: 3/28-4/1 = $150/nite (available)

Paramount: 4/1-4/2 = $190/nite (on request)

Paramount: 4/2-4/4 = $190/nite (available)

All dates are available except for 4/1... so you can make three separate reservations; the 1st and 3rd will be confirmed, the nite of 4/1 EasyClickTravel will try to get the additional nite at their precontracted rate and will let you know within 48-72 hours if they're able to do so or not.

In the meantime you can book a cancellable room directly at the Parmount website (solmelia.com) for $285 for 4/1... combining this with the rates above comes to $183/nite. If EasyClickTravel comes thru with the nite of 4/1, your total rate for the complete stay will be even less.

If you do the above, please use our links to begin each purchase (ie- after making the reservation for 3/28-4/1, please return here to click the link above for your 4/1-4/2 reservation request, then return here again and click the link above to begin your 4/2-4/4 reservation)

Alternatelly, you can also book the Eastgate Tower for $199/nite which gets very good reviews.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I received a mail from them but I asked them if it's possible to get the Paramount room with an upgrade to the superior room because we noticed previous stay in Paramount that the rooms are not that big. (incl bed)

But they didn't react on that question yet :)

I will try to call them today.

Second choice is the NIGHT hotel in NYC. I found a rate which I think is the best possible rate so far.

But as you found better rates for the Paramount... can you try ? :)

PS: how does that "on request" works for EasyClickTravel ? What if they can't fullfil the request ? Do you still have to take the other nights or is the booking completely cancelled at that moment ?

edit2: I called them. If they can't get the rate they won't charge you. And another thing ! The Paramount can give you a reservated upgrade !!!!

What is the rate you get for the NIGHT hotel? I see rates starting at about $230/nite which is more expensive than both options we've mentioned above.

We've also outlined above how you can have multiple reservations at the Paramount for an average of $183/nite which is still less than the NIGHT hotel, so i'm not quite sure why you're concerned about not getting the complete stay thru EasyClickTravel if that is the hotel you really want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

But better (imo) to have made three separate reservations:

If you want the Paramount you can have it for $184/nite or less:

Paramount: 3/28-4/1 = $150/nite (available)

Paramount: 4/1-4/2 = $190/nite (on request)

Paramount: 4/2-4/4 = $190/nite (available)

This way you know you have the option of booking the unavailablel nite directly with the Paramount and get your complete stay there (since it is a hotel you mentioned you would ideally want). The way you have booked, it is possible that they can't fufill the entire stay and by the time they come back to you in 48 hours (possibly 72 hours) other nites of your stay can sell-out.

OK

I booked it like you said. Made one mistake and had to add 1 night via the phone. Didn't get a confirmation yet about that :)

I've send an email to the paramount to request upgrade for 7 nights to Superior room and hopefully they can do that so I stay in 1 room the whole stay.

Thanks for your advice. I really like this forum and always try to use the link (can't remember if I used it this time though)

thanks a lot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]