IA Iowa City Sheraton Hotel

pjmystic
By pjmystic,
in

Stayed Feb 3-4th. Check in was smooth, room was nice, clean. Internet was available for a fee. I would say it lives up to its rating. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled. The lobby can get pretty cold this time of year as there is a walkthrough to the pedestrian mall connected. It's not really feasible to hang out in the lobby on COLD winter days. Also got pretty noisy around 2-3 AM as the bars were letting out and you could hear people leaving. But it wasn't that big of a deal. I would definitely stay again.

The hotel is in a great downtown location. It's located on a walking mall w/ lots of restaurants/shops/bars nearby.

• 3 weeks later...

we stayed at the sheraton in iowa city on 2/22/07. if you want to party and be close to the downtown bars, this is your hotel. good price, and the beds are comfortable.

on the other hand, if you have a family, i was a little disappointed. this hotel appeared to have more of the partiers, and less of the families stay there over time. it was seemed dirty throughout. the whirlpool didn't work for the 24 hour period we were there. i called twice to have it fixed both the night before and next day and it wasn't fixed. they also couldn't seem to keep towels in the pool area, even tho few were there. it took two calls, on separate occassions for this to happen also.

hotwire calls this a 3.5, that seems generous, a 3 rating would be plenty high.

on a positive note i complained about the above issues, and they gave us 4 free breakfast buffets, which made the stay pretty cheap.

parking is $8 and there is a charge for the fitness room.

• 2 years later...

The Sheraton has apparently gone through a major renovation. The lobby is nothing special but the rooms are well laid out, clean, and have new flat screen tv's. We were there on a Sunday night (Nov 15) and it was very quiet, in the hotel and on the pedestrian mall.

The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly.

Parking in the lot next door now costs $10.50 a day - that's a special rate if you're staying at the Sheraton.

The whirlpool is still out of service :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]