Hotwire Hotel: Help for either Priceline or Hotwire Vegas on Saturday March 31.

planet-keri
By planet-keri,
in

Thanks to this board and the EasyClickTravel link we have the Alladin booked for $68 on April 1 and 2nd, but nothing so far for the March 31.

I am looking for some advice on what to do about Saturday.

We arrive at 10:20pm so we didn't want to spend more then $100 or so for the Saturday as we wouldn't much enjoy it. We've booked a night at Paris ($159 which we can cancel) but would rather spend much less. We've rented a car so distance isn't really much of a factor, and although I've never even been to Freemont, we probably wouldn't be averse to staying there if it was clean.

My question is...

what do you think my best bet is?

Option one.

When I started looking the Westin C was available on hotwire at $79 and although I should have booked then I didn't and now, (when it shows at all) it's $99. Should I just book this?

Option two.

Try to Priceline it for the first time ever. I've read the forums and how to's but my one attempt ended in frustration. Being that we are very flexible, it sounds pretty easy.

Option three.

Hold off and wait. There doesn't seem to be any big conventions (or I'm reading it wrong) I've got a reservation I can cancel if things drop.

Option four...

Do you have an option 4?

Thanks so much in advance.

I tell everyone about this board!

Given you have a car, and have never been Downtown, i would book the Golden Nugget via their website for $69/nite. This will give you the nicest hotel downtown, it will be clean, and it will also give you a taste of 'old vegas' at the beginning of your trip... you can then move to the strip for the balance of your stay.

Other option would be to bid on priceline (near the airport, east/west, strip zones) and try to beat that rate, but the Golden Nugget is a pretty good deal for that price. Even though there aren't any large conventions in town (i didn't check, but you say so above) one problem is that many hotels in Vegas don't allow a Saturday check-in, so that will limit some of your options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe i had the wrong dates as i now can't get it to show on their website.

Given that is not a valid rate.. the HOTWIRE deal for the Westin seems pretty good for a Saturday nite check-in. I would look to book that, or perhaps try to bid on Priceline for the Airport and/or Strip zones to see if something cheaper can be won (but if not, just take the HOTWIRE offer).

If you'd like a bidding strategy let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

If you take the Hotwire offer please remember to use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only property i would consider staying downtown is the Nugget.

To bid on priceline... what do you consider "cheap" for the Airport zone? What is you maximum bid and minimum star rating for the airport zone? What is your maximum bid and minimum star rating for the Downtown area? Any other zones besides these two (and the Strip, i imagine) you're willing to accept?

I guess, I'd consider $60 reasonable with a max of $70 considering our plane doesn't land until 10:20 so we'll hardly be there.

I'd like at least a 3 star anywhere within 3 miles of the strip.

I'd read some reviews of El Cortez and they sounded pretty good and the whole Bugsy Seigal thing really appealed, but I trust your instincts.

I'm starting to think the $99 for the Westin C is looking better and better all the time. I think deciding to come on a Saturday was our biggest mistake if we wanted a bargain. At least we have the Alladin for the other nights, and I do love it there. (thanks to you and EasyClickTravel)

You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in Las Vegas. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I wouldn't include the Fremont zone if you'd be disappointed not getting the Golden Nugget.

Select 3* Strip...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Convention Center...

Select 3* West of Strip...

Select 3* Strip and Airport...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Convention and West of Strip...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Strip, Convention, West of Strip, and Airport

Bid $70.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

$40 Strip rejected

$45 West Rejected

$50 Convention Rejected

closed browser

$40 Airport

$45 Strip

$50 West

rejected

closed browser

$40 Convention Duplicate request

$45 airport

$50 West

rejected

closed browser

$40 West duplicate

$45 Strip duplicate.

closed firefox, opened Explorer

$40 West Duplicate

$45 Strip duplicate.....

Did I do something wrong??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]