Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Royalton

motornon
By motornon,
in

Hello,

I am trying to get a 4* MTW hotel for 4/20/2007-4/22/2007. MTE would not be so bad, but would really like to be within walking distance to Time Square, so I don't want to get too far East. Could you please advise me on a strategy. I would like to be in the Mid-100's if not below. I have a back up at 70 Park Hotel for $250 p/n. Will trying for more than one room help my chances? Thanks much!

Do you consider the 70 Park Hotel to be within walking distance of Times Square?

If so, i'd cancel that as your back-up and book the Eastgate Tower thru Quickbook ($153 for a Studio Suite / $170 for a Junior Suite) where the reviews are great.

Once you have that booked, then you can decide if this is where you want to stay or if you'd like to try bidding for MTW... and if you choose to bid, do you want to adjust your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No Actually, I think 70 Park is out of walking distance. But it was a good back up. I will check out the Towers. If I can get the towers for 153, then the maximum bid would need to be around 100. Thoughts on that? What do you suggest from what you haev seen as a max bid for the MTW area.

I'd be very surprised if you found success for a 4* in MTW on these dates at $100.

Depending upon your age/mobility/enjoyment of walking, you could walk from the Eastgate to Times Square... about a 20 minute walk. If you don't want to walk, Grand Central is a few block walk where you can get the 7 or S(huttle) train to Times Square (there's actually a 7 train subway stop on the corner of 42nd and Third Ave) which is a block shorter than Grand Central and will save you an extra minute :)... or you could just hop on the M42 or M104 bus which will take you crossstown right into Times Square... but i'll add again, unless it's raining or you have mobility issues, it's walkable (imo... but i like to walk).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, you'd have a much better chance if you upped your bid to that level, but have you seen this Hotels Near Times Square thread?

I would book the Quickbook reservation (which is a "pay when you stay" so it's cancellable) and then you can try to beat that offer on Priceline (up to whatever amount you think is reasonable).

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]