Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rochester Country Inn and Suites South (wood lake rd)

Spiral_Staircase
By Spiral_Staircase,
in

Just returned from this trip, my first experience w/ Hotwire, and stumbled onto this great forum while making some future plans.

I tried Priceline (my usual route) first for this reservation...sorry, don't remember details of my bidding. Decided to give Hotwire a try and ended up with the Country Inn & Suites South (there is another one further north in town) for $79/night. Amenities listed were:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

The interesting thing was this: The details page for this deal listed a "retail" price of $219. When I found out the hotel, I checked their website and saw that their rates didn't go above $95 (unless you got a suite or some add-ons). I emailed Hotwire customer service to tell them how ridiculous it is to claim that this hotel has a "retail" price of $219, no matter how they figure it. They explained how they figure it, and gave me $25 credit. Definitely worth the effort of sending the email. And now I know not to put *any* stock in the "retail" price they list.

Hope I included all the pertinant info here. Again, this is a great forum...I'll be using it a lot in the future.

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List for this area. We look forward to hearing about, and helping with, your future priceline and hotwire purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]