Priceline Hotel: Need Super Bowl hotel help! 2/2-2/5

lhuynh
By lhuynh,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm almost in panic mode. I just found out I get to go to the Super Bowl, but the hotel prices in Miami are outrageous. I was thinking of going Priceline/Hotwire route or maybe trying Fort Lauderdale. Is there a strategy folks would suggest? Also, Hotwire has a 2.5 star hotel for $179/night. Any idea what hotel this is? I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible.

2.5-star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach Area

Beachfront

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Probably makes sense to be in panic mode because getting a hotel in Miami for these dates will likely prove to be quite difficult. I'm sure most of the city is sold-out and there is likely little discounted inventory given to the opaque suppliers (as the hotels should figure they can sell the rooms on their own).

The above HOTWIRE hotel is a match for the Sun Tower by Pelican Beach Resort so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you'd like to make.

If you choose to try to bid this on priceline, let us know exactly which zones you're willing to bid, minimum star rating, and maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, the Sun Tower seems reasonable compared to other options I'm seeing. I would like to try Priceline in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and would like to try to get a 3 star or higher up to $250 in Miami and <$176 (the Sun Tower price) for Ft. Lauderdale. As far as areas, I don't know either city at all, though I guess on the beach is preferred.

Thanks!

Before proceeding... Expedia does have the HoJo Miami Airport for $149

I'm sure it's not great, but does it affect your maximum bid at all?

Regardless, how much time do you want to spend on the bidding process? With 8 'live zones' and 2 re-bid zones you could literarlly spend hours on the bidding process to try to save $10 (although i'm not sure i'd want to type it all out, given your unlikely chance of success) or would you sacrafice a few dollars in order to simply the process and save some time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]