Priceline Hotel: 4* for 4/13-4/15

DCGUY9
By DCGUY9,
in

Hello,

I would like a 4* hotel (2 rooms) preferrably on the East Side or Central Park, Upper Midtown area. I want to stay away from Times Square, Lower manhattan, and MS. I have a backup...Parker Meridien for $214 a night. Seems like a good rate for this weekend.

Dates are 4/13 through 4/15. My maximum bid is maybe $160 a night plus tax. That is, if I can save $50 a night priceline would be worth it. Otherwise, I'll stick with PM.

Thanks in advance!

The only zone(s) that you listed which have 4* hotels is the UM/CPS zone. You have two re-bid zones, If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I'm doubtful you'll be successful, but you can try as follows:

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Did you try any of the bidding above and weren't successful or have you yet to try bidding?

Can you please follow-up your Priceline Philadelphia thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay and also add the hotel you received and the dates of your Phoenix Airport stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed up on the 2 threads. Thank you for reminding me.

Sorry, I thought when you ask questions about hotwire you must stay in the hotwire foirum and same with priceline. I'll know for next time!

I have not tried bidding yet as I'm waiting to see what a friend who is going with us wants to do.

It sure seems like the $214price at Parker Meridien is a good deal.

Anyway...any ideas on the hotwire hotel?

Thank you...

May I ask where you found the LPM for $214?

This is definitely a rather difficult set of dates (possibly because of the car show, combined with the season?) and it's good you have a backup.

thereuare will definitely have a better guess than me, but maybe the Hotwire listing is the Beekman Tower? Seems to fit.

Hi Aaron,

Many hotels in the US offer a Federal Government discount if you have a valid ID. Sometimes a hotel will offer it but it's sold out. In this case I will talk to the reservation manager in house. Often times they will offer the rate or reduce a rate for you.

Thanks for the hint about Beekman. If there is a good chance of that I may go for it. A suite would be nice and the east side is appealing.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from thereuare.

I'm not sure what the hotel above is... but we haven't seen any of the Affinia properties come up on HOTWIRE (yet!) I would think that the Beekman would be higher rated than 3* but ratings are so subjective i can't say for certain.

If you want a suite Quickbook has a Jr. Suite (accomodates 3 people) for $170/nite and a 1BR Suite (accomodates 4 people) for $204. Both are "pay when you stay" rates so they're fully cancellable.

Thanks for the note on the LPM - definitely a very good rate! :)

I'm also seeing a 3* Midtown Central for these dates for $183. Not a suite, but the listing does (at least when I bring up details) show a 4/5 tripadvisor rating (while that may not be completely up-to-date, at least it seems promising.)

Not sure what the hotel is, though. However, if you're looking for something around the LPM area, maybe this would be a little closer.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Kitchenette

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]