Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Marietta) Marietta Conference Center And Resort

joehotel
By joehotel,
in

Beware 3* or 4* hotels in Marietta GA!

I used SavingsBarn.com to bid on 3* hotels in Marietta GA. I started at $35 and used 7 free rebids before I got my price accepted at $75. (By the way, I used the "permutation" trick. I could have had about 7 more free rebids. "Free" is relative when you have to keep raising the price!)

But it wasn't a 3* hotel, it was a 4* - I was upgraded! What a treat, I thought. I also saw they were willing to extend my stay at this hotel for the same price which I haven't seen before. I knew something was fishy so I checked Tripadvisor and found some really negative reviews of this place, one of which warned Priceline users to "beware bidding on 4* hotels" in this zone. Hope this place turns out OK as I will be driving 10 hours straight the next day and really need a good night's sleep at this hotel.

Marietta Conference Center And Resort

500 Powder Springs Street Marietta,

• 2 months later...

Stayed here 3/30/07. Previous (nonwinning) bid was $67. I started at $35.

The stay in the hotel was just as described in Tripadvisor.com reviews. Beds were very uncomfortable, the cheapest ones that you could feel every wire almost popping through. Fortunately when we were there, the American Emroidery Conference had booked most of the rooms, a lot of sweet, kind seamstresses, so late-night hall noise was completely absent, much to my delight.

This is definitely not a 4-star hotel. Understaffed just as in the TA reviews. Arrived at 10:30 PM after being stuck in 1.5 hour Atlanta traffic jam and there was no bell staff to help with 5 sets of luggage (normally not a problem except two of our kids were asleep and needed to be carried, leaving few extra hands to carry luggage).

I found out NCAA finals were in Atlanta that weekend, explaining the high prices and low availability.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]