Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Paramount

ocmelly444
By ocmelly444,
in

Hi.

New to all this and a little overwhelmed. My sister and I are coming to New York Feb. 23-25. We would like to stay in midtown and would like the best room we can afford. I am looking in the $150 a night range. I read that priceline charges a fee, but don't see how much anywhere. Anyone know? Also, since it is my sister and I, we have no problem sharing a bed, but a double would be iffy. Is there a way to get at least a queen? Thanks so much for any help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Priceline only guarantees 'double occupancy' (which can be loosely interpretted :) )... HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensures that there will be enough sleeping accomodations for each person you include in your search. It has been reported that Priceline considers a 'double' to accomodate 2 people, while hotwire doesn't believe that to be the case (but does count rollaway beds, pullout couches, etc, to be acceptable for 'sleeping accomodations' for each person that you search for... so if you search HOTWIRE for two adults it's possible that they give you a room with one double bed and a pullout couch... not very likely at a higher rate hotel, but the hotel would be within their agreement to do so)

Priceline's fee is variable based upon a few different factors, but comes to about $6/day. If you 'go thru the motions' of placing a bid (but DON'T actually submit it...just go thru the first 2 pages, NOT entering your credit card info) you can put in a bid amount and click NEXT... then the next page gives you a confirmation screen and will show you the total including taxes and fees.

Any other option is a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower which has one bed in the bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room... just over your budget at $154/nite.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or ask additional questions) and we'll advise accordingly. If you want to try Priceline, the most common zones, and typically best for the average tourist, is MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS... let us know if all of these zones are acceptable to you as well as your maximum bid before taxes and fees.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You will receive an answer in about 15 seconds (while you wait). Sometimes the system will backlog (or have an internat error) and you'll be told you'll have an answer within 15 minutes and they send you an email with the response, but generally it's a "while you wait" event.

You have two re-bid zones at the 4* level in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Start with the above, if rejected we'll then discuss your options and/or move on to a 3* strategy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started with bid of $110 for MTW 4 *. Not accepted.

Added MTE and $115. Not accepted.

Added MTS and $120. Not accepted.

I decided to try a 3* instead of going with a higher bid.

went with MTW for $120. Accepted.

I got the Paramount. It was the one I was hoping not to

get. Not the best rating or reviews on Tripadvisor. But I got a

great price. I think I should have started with a lower bid, but

really wanted to be in MTW. Overall, I'm thrilled. Going to

New York, staying near Times Square, got a great rate.

Now just have to wait and wait and wait til Febraury 23rd.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]