Priceline Hotel: Rejected - Resort-WDW(+Universal) 3/17-23

curtis_palmer
By curtis_palmer,
in

Have been trying to get an Orlando, FL resort room from Priceline using several full cycles of bidding for our spring break in mid-March. Topped out at $122 for Resort-WDW_Vicinity, $101 for 4*-Universal_SeaWorld, and $116 for Resort-Universal_SeaWorld using the techniques described on this board. I was looking at 3/17 (or 18) to 3/23 (or 22).

I'd be happy with a 3* in the WDW immediate area *IF* I didn't end up getting upgraded to the Omni. Mind you, the Championsgate is a FABULOUS facility and my kids loved it 2 years ago, but my wife specifically wants to stay closer this time. Is it right to assume that if I hold to 3*'s in the WDW zone and start under the acceptable bid that I'll avoid the Omni altogether?

It seems logical, but I'd explain the strategy to your wife and have her decide if it is worth the risk or not... as you really never know what the Omni's "acceptable bid" would be for your particular stay.

If you are trying to avoid a specific property, have you looked at HOTWIRE as you should be able to make an educated guess as to what you'll be receiving... or at the very least, an educated guess as to what you won't get.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the reply...

I guess I'm going on the fact that (1) there are no 4* locations in the WDW area, and (2) that Bidding specifically on the Resort-WDW was not successful a few days ago in the 86-122 range when I [wrongly] thought that the Omni was a good option for us (now, I know better per my wife).

If I avoid the other 3* zones (like Universal, MCO, and Altamonte) then I am going with the assumption that I can successfully target the 3*'s in the WDW immediate area... keeping in mind your past comments about using HotWire to determine availability. IF, for some reason, I get put at the Omni for less than $100/nt then I'm sure I could bribe my wife with a spa treatment to take the sting off. <LOL>

Thanks for a great service. I'll be sure to use the 'savingsbarn.com' url to start the bidding next time too. :) Tick... tock... waiting for my 72 hours cooling-down period to pass.

Although I can certainly understand your desire to plan a March Disney vacation now, it is too early to bid aggressively on priceline for Orlando. Unlike many, many other markets, advance planners are generally NOT rewarded in Orlando bidding. Right now, I think you are bidding too high. I'd top out resort bidding at $80 and 3 star bidding at $48 (unless you get a specific report of a hotel for your dates that you'd like at a slightly higher price). You will be much better off making a completely refundable non-opaque reservation and waiting until 2 or 3 weeks before your arrival to bid. March can be a busy month, but with Easter late, demand should be spread out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]