Priceline Hotel: 4* Cologne (Downtown) Renaissance

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

No, I'll have to pay the usual priceline fees/taxes. My recollection is that they're about 20%.

I saw you were unsuccessful bidding on other days so far. Hopefully, it will work eventually.

Frankly, I was a little astonished to get my days because there is a huge festival in Cologne that weekend. I suppose their regular clientele stays away, but you'd think the festival-goers would fill the rooms. You never know.

My experience is that Marriott (of which Renaissance is a part) often loads very good rates in central Europe, so I wouldn't give up on snagging other days at this price.

Usually, it's not the same crowd which takes part in the carnival festivities as the usual weekend-customers that a hotel like the Renaissance (at least a 5-star hotel in Cologne, by German classification) can attract for leisure travel. And still, most of the participants of the Carnival come from the local (or regional) area, so usually not in need for a hotel. That's why I assume there's not a huge interference between the Carnival and PL-Availability for the Renaissance..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]