Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTS) Morgans Hotel

4family
By 4family,
in

Looking for 1 room, 4* for NYC for 3 nights April 6,7,8. Are prices typically higher or lower for NY over Easter weekend? I've tried bidding MTW up to $130 with 2 rebids, no success. Added MTE, nothing. I don't know NY well enough regarding the other zones. I'd like 4*, and relatively easy access to Times square, theatre district, etc. I know its the weekend of the auto show ('cause I'm going!).....

I'd like to pay no more than 150ish, and less if possible. Maybe that's not realistic...

Any bidding strategy would be appreciated. I've not yet booked a backup reservation, and any ideas there would also be welcome........

Given it's Spring (when NYC rates are higher), I think this is going to be tough to do within your $150 budget. You have two re-bid zones available at the 4* level, so you can try as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

You can stop at $150 if you'd like, but i continued on to $160 since i think this will likely be a tough bid at $150 or under.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried all of the above to $160, no luck. Lots of time before my trip, I'll try the same strategy a few more times over the next month. Thanks to thereuare for the quick reply and help.

Although prices go up for the spring season in general, what usually happens for Easter weekend in NYC.......cheaper, or more expensive, than the usual spring rates?

I don't know regarding Easter Week in general, but NYC fluctuate all over the map... seasonality is a BIG factor, but there are other factors as well. As you mention the auto show will be in town and all those exhibitors (and conventioneers) have to sleep someplace... good chance the show wasn't Easter weekend last year, so even looking at last year's rates may not be indicative of your actual stay this year.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried again, up to $180, no luck.

For a backup, tried to access the links to the Beekman, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there an updated link?

Do hotels usually wait until later in the winter to release their spring inventory of rooms to p/l? I'm not in a huge rush to lock in a reservation, but will keep trying this strategy for the next few weeks. I hope I don't have to go to $200 or more......

Tried bidding again today with success. 4* NYC (MTS) Morgans Hotel $179 April 6-9th/07 3 nights.

Reviews I could find look mixed.....I hope I didn't pull the trigger on this stay too early and miss out on the same rate in MTW/MTE. Anyway, good savings over the other rates I could find and nice to have it booked. I'll post a review after my stay.

Thanks to thereuare for all of the assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]