Priceline Hotel: 4* Hotel in NYC - 7/30-8/1/07...Need help please

cpsandiego
By cpsandiego,
in

I'm going to New York City on 7/30-8/1 and would love some advice on a bidding plan for Priceline. We are looking at Midtown Manhattan for convenience, but are willing to look at other areas. We are looking at 4* if possible and a lot of people seem to be getting the Grand Hyatt for about $125. Any suggestions as to starting bids and zones and follow up bidding amounts and zones?

Thanks!

NYC is generally pretty slow in the summer, so it's probably a bit early and i wouldn't bid up to your maximum at this point... but i woudl try to pick some low hanging fruit if possible just so you may be able to get this done and taken care of.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.. This will probably fail, but i would try the following for starters (and not get discouraged if/when it fails):

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $134, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $137, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]