Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Regency Islandia

garyg20
By garyg20,
in

Looking for a 4* hotel in San Diego for 4 nights 1/17-21. I bid starting with $50 and followed the bidding strategy posted here..i.e 11 re-bid zones increasing exactly how moderator informed. The last bid was for $90 and was unsuccesful. Wondering if there was any help, advice, suggestions, or if anyone knows of a good deal online somewhere else or comparable hotel. I am not picky about the area I stay in was just hoping to get a 4* for a good deal. Is it better to bid the day of my trip or closer to it? Also I guess I would stay at a 3* but I feel only if the max bid was $65 in certain areas. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-G-

Strategies are date specific, so not necessarily a good idea to follow the strategy offered in a different thread if those dates were different than your own... can easily result in an overbid or a wasted bidding opportunity.

Which San Diego zones did you bid? Which San Diego zones are you willing to accept? What is your maximum bid for a 4* property?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed the same exact bid technique you posted from Dec 8th...

Select 4* Coronado, Downtown/Harbor Island, and Coastal...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

This is exactly how I bid using the savings barn link also. I am willing to accept any San Diego zones with a 4*. My max price is $90 for sure. If these are unrealistic bids then I am willing to accept a 3* on Coronado, Downtown, Shelter Island, Coastal, or Mission Valley for a max bid of $65. thanks

If you're ready to move on to a 3* property you have six re-bid zones avaiable.

Select Coronado, Downtown, Shelter Island, Coastal, and Mission Valley...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $51, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think $90 for a 4* SAN Downtown is the lowest we have seen in the past year. I've gotten Omni for $91 in 2005, and $94 in 2006.

With some exception (very dead weekends) you are looking at $95 minimum for 4* San Diego Downtown.

If you do not mind driving from Del Mar, you could try 3* Del Mar hoping for Double Tree. $55 has been their lowest price in PL in 2006 - as far as I know. Great place - you will not be disappointed with quality. It's a bit of a drive to downtown but not more than 20 min without traffic.

Please keep in mind that when bidding on a 4* downtown you could get Sheraton Marina Hotel - right across the street from the airport - not very downtown when you ask me.

Coastal could get great with a Hyatt at $65-$75 rage - or a disappointment with Hilton San Diego Resort.

But if you are lucky you cold snatch the Marriott on the 6th st (next to Omni) for $95-$105

One of the reasons you might not be getting anything is the duration of your stay.

You could try bidding 2 days at a time, 3 days at a time and then improvise - of course if that type of set up is acceptable to you.

I think it's hard to secure a 5 day block on a weekday - plus weekdays maybe more expensive.

Bidding on a one night stay and then extending your stay at the sma price in the same property if they have availability is another strategy.

If you need more ideas let me know.

Awesome you guys/gals have been a big help. I am going to talk with my wife and see if she cares where we stay and I will try one the techniques you were saying. She is from San Diego so knows the city better than me. I will prob bid today and keep you guys posted on what happens. thanks!

Followed the exact biddign technique you showed me and on my last bid of $65 I got the Hyatt Regency Islandia. Looks decent and I am very Pleased with the price!! Thank you so much for all your help and I will post the trip details for all to see. thansk again!!!

-G-

I used the bidding method provided by administrator "thereuare" and worked out perfect. My last bid was $65 and it hit for what appears to be a good hotel and a great deal !! here are the details...

San Diego Coastal

1441 Quivira Road

San Diego, California 92109

619-224-1234

Check-In Date: Wed, Jan 17, 2007

Check-Out Date: Sun, Jan 21, 2007

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $260.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $39.90

Total Charges*: $299.90

When looking to bid post your wants/needs and let the experts help you bid and the process for which to go about doing so. thanks again this forum is still the best!!

-G-

FYI here si the bidding technique I used per thereuare...

If you're ready to move on to a 3* property you have six re-bid zones avaiable.

Select Coronado, Downtown, Shelter Island, Coastal, and Mission Valley...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $51, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Last bid of $65 hit for me. WOOHOO!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]