Hotwire Hotel: Advice

pf43
By pf43,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this Priceline/Hotwire way of purchasing hotels. It seems the only way to go. I'm tryin to get my family (2 adults-2 children) into a decent, clean, and somewhat updated hotel for 3/30 and 4/1 pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I looked on Hotwire in the area I was looking at Fort Lauderdale beach area and it listed ....3 star, Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, consisting of Doubtree, Radisson, Holiday Inn.

I'm not sure what to do next. Do I give the site all my information and hope to get something decent? What happens after you give Hotwire your credit card? How do some of these lucky people end up with The Hyatt type of rooms?

Also, how does that differ from EasyClickTravel that I've seen on this forum?

I've been studying this for over two days and the more I read the more confused I get.

Thank you for any and all information you can share with this newbie trying to save her family some major money!!

Excuse me for not quite understanding all the Hotwire/Priceline success but I'm certainly trying. I've studied these boards for two days and I'm more confused than ever. However, truly do understand this is the only way to go.

I'm looking for 2 nights 3/30 and 4/1 in Fort Lauderdale, Pre-cruise for 2 adults, 2 kids. Looking for something clean, somewhat updated, and comfortable (Embassy Suites, Renaissance, etc) Would be an added plus to receive a Hyatt!!

I've been to Hotwire and got as far as the description of the hotel:

2.5*, Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, like a doubletree, Radisson, Holiday Inn...

Hotwire wanted my credit card and that's when I stopped. Was so unsure of what to do next. Can someone explain the process to me? I've called just about every hotel directly and was quoted a miniumum of $320.00....don't need to do that right before a cruise.

Also, what is the Easy Click Trip.com that I've seen here?

Any and all suggestions would be extremely helpful!!

thanks!

Start here: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

EasyClickTravel is very different than the above... as they offer both 'opaque' (known as 'off the record') properties as well as traditional bookings.

As far as HOTWIRE goes, i'm not sure where you're seeing those hotel names, but if it's on Hotwire's own site, i woudl ignore that... it's them saying "3 star hotels include the following brands" but it's very 'loose' and you can find hotels in that group that are rated higher or lower depending upon the city (see the small print :) ).

If you're seeing a particular hotel on HOTWIRE, what are the amenities that you're associated with the property. Are you searching for the true occupancy (2adults/2children) as that you may land you different (and higher priced) hotels than if you just searched for 2adults.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are traveling with 2 adults and 2 kids, don't you need to put that into your request? The reason I am using Hotwire instead of Priceline is because I don't want to get stuck with a room with one bed. If I were to only put 2 adults under Hotwire, would I then be taking the risk of possibly getting only 1 bed? However, I would hate to think that I am paying more because I am being honest and saying that there are 2 adults and 2 kids - there is normally no charge for kids in hotel rooms.

Yes, I noticed that Hotwire does allow for number of adults and children.

So, if I understand it correctly, the key is to figure out the ammenity, go to the Florida Boards and try and figure out what we getting????

Also, has anyone purchased from Easy Click Travel? I tried to reserve two nights and my credit card declined them because they are an international company on the website. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them.

I guess, I'll try and go for the best rate on Hotwire.....I'm nervous...first time!!!

I'm looking at the following...could someone give me their best quess on these hotels??? Thanks

1) 3.5* Los Olas, Downtown, Port -Everglades Pool, Restaurant, Bus Center, Internet 189.00

2) 4* Westin-Plantation -Davie $219

3) 3.5 Fort Lauderdale Beach area, Resort, Pool, Beach, REstaurant, Biz Center, Laundry, Internet (could this be the Pelican Grand???)

Thanks for your help!!

If you are traveling with 2 adults and 2 kids, don't you need to put that into your request?
Some people choose to risk it... which is their perogative.
So, if I understand it correctly, the key is to figure out the ammenity, go to the Florida Boards and try and figure out what we getting????
Post the amenities here and we can help you figure it out and/or confirm what you think it may be. Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your searches and purchases.
I tried to reserve two nights and my credit card declined them because they are an international company on the website.
They are based in Florida :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Below are our best guesses for each HOTWIRE property:

1) 3.5* Los Olas, Downtown, Port -Everglades
Riverside Hotel
2) 4* Westin-Plantation -Davie $219
You'll need to include the amenities if you want help IDing this property... but it's probably not very convenient for a pre-cruise stay.
3) 3.5 Fort Lauderdale Beach area
Pelican Grand

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]