Priceline Hotel: 4* Millenium Loop May 6-10

larrylaffer
By larrylaffer,
in

I have been scouting the hotel websites and have seen some crazy prices usually ranging upwards of $250 a night. I am beginning to get worried that even a cancellable backup maybe out of reach for these dates. Is there a convention checker for Chicago as my dates can be flexible and if there is something major on I will try to rejig the timetable.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I am not being too presumptious in asking for assistance.

We are looking for a 4* hotel in the Millenium Park-Loop as a first preference. Our second alternative would be the river north michigan avenue.

The dates for the stay are 6-10 May 2007.

Some sample hotel prices are (taken from the hotel sites).

Hard rock hotel 389 a night.

Hiltons (various) 289 a night.

Prices seem a little high for this time which is a shame. Our maximum would be $150 at this time. Is this likely to get anything? We might be prepared to drop to 3* if you think this is more reasonable for our price range.

As a first time visitor to Chicago we obviously want to be in the thick of the action and hopefully these areas fit that description and are reasonably safe.

If I have stuffed this request up please let me know and I can fix it up. Thanks for a great board and service.

Only one re-bid zone available when bidding 4* in Chicago. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

Chances are good that the above will fail, but i would try the above first in order to make sure that there are no 'outlier' rates loaded in the system in error.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Ambassador East hotel (rated Boutique in the River North/NMA area) is $219. That may be a hotel to try and bid for. This is in the Gold Coast neighborhood, just a few minutes walk North of the North end of North Michigan Ave.

Additionally, the Allegro (3*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park) is $209. That may also be a hotel to try and bid for. Not the most central of downtown locations, but an easy walk to State St. shopping or the Art Institute/Millennium Park.

Regular rate:

While this would also be a bit above your range, the Buckingham Athletic Club is $180 on Hotels.com With that, you would get breakfast and free use of the extensive club facilities. Plus, being on the 40th floor of the building, the 20 rooms in the club should definitely have views. Just a thought.

Difficult set of dates though, due to the two conventions.

The potential 3* hotels in the River North/NMA area (the Holiday Inn Merchandise Mart, the Allerton) are okay. The Allerton gets mixed reviews (see tripadvisor.com), but is in a great location and the Holiday Inn is nicer, but a bit out-of-the-way (although there is an "L" station next to it.). There are two 3* Embassy Suites locations in this zone, but they rarely appear as wins.

The 3* Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park hotels that are "known" (others may appear) include the Allegro (Kimpton hotel; somewhat out of the way location but not bad - near State St. & theatres) and two Club Quarters locations, one of which (Wacker) is better located than the other (Adams/Downtown). Both CQ's have small rooms.

The 3*'s aren't fantastic, but they're not bad (the Allegro has a free wine hour if you get that, the Holiday Inn is nicer than most HI's) if you just need a room to sleep in and can get them for a reasonable rate.

Additionally, there is the option of bidding boutique River North/NMA.

Keep in mind there are no rebid zones for 3*.

If you only want to continue with your current two zones then you can try as follows 24 hours after your previously rejected bid:

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

If the above is rejected you can then wait another 24 hours and increase each bid by $5 which will take you up to your $150 maximum.

Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]