FL Miami Sofitel

StSebastian
By StSebastian,
in

Having stayed there, I don't think I'd do it again, or at least not call it a 4*. While the staff was helpful and generally friendly, it just didn't have what I'd expect to stand up as 4* material. There were no coffeemakers (not just in the room, but period -- we asked). Calling for more pillows, as detailed on the in-room card was done at 2am, but we were told that the department was closed for the night and to call back tomorrow. There was no mini-fridge in the room, so we used the ice bucket to chill a bottle of wine. While at other 4* (and up) hotels they've refilled the ice in the bucket for us (since we always seem to chill it a day or two in advance) there was nothing of the sort here. We ordered some room service with an odd order (wine glasses and corkscrew but no wine along with other stuff) and that was very prompt and no problem at all.

Overall, I think it gets a 3* from me.

Other notes - PL and that reservation was prepaid was noted on checkin, and an upgrade to a small suite with two sofas, separate bedroom, and 2 TV's was available for $30/night. (Note that there is no armoire or closet in the bedroom nor pass-through door to the bathroom, so you have to walk through the living area to the front door if you've got something hanging in the closet or are going to the bathroom.) Parking is $7/day self-park, come and go as you please (but wave your pass for the person in the gate house every time you do). Pool area looked very nice, but we didn't make it out there. High Speed Internet access for $10/24 hour period.

Saw a capacity utilization worksheet at the front desk when checking out; seemed to imply that the hotel generally stays at about a 65-75% utilization, so there shouldn't ever be much of a problem to get this hotel if you're bidding on PL.

Conveniently located near the airport and has a reasonably efficient shuttle back and forth if you're not driving.

• 7 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]