Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM-CPS) Westin Essex House

StSebastian
By StSebastian,
in

Old Data -- just adding for historical information.

Had to use 2 free rebids and work up to $115, starting at $105. Made the reservation about 20 days in advance of the trip.

This weekend happened to be one week after the blackout, but the only reason you would have known was the street vendors hawking I Survived The Blackout t-shirts. Reservation was made before that so it shouldn't have affected capacity or pricing.

Asked for a park-view on check-in, but none were available. Staff and hotel were very nicely furnished and it was a pleasure to stay there on my first trip to NYC. Very conveniently located and easy to go across the street to Central Park or just around the corner to the subway station. Hotel is located on Central Park South (59th St.) between 7th and 8th Ave. Times Square is just a few blocks south and a very nice walk during the great weather we had.

Staff were very helpful and courteous when we asked for directions or various other information you'd expect from a first-time NYC visitor. Lobby and guest rooms were very nicely done, which stood out in contrast from our backpacking traveling style at arrival. Once we got to the room and changed, we fit in much better.

Some construction repair was ongoing in the inner "courtyard" area of the hotel where our window faced (probably complete now), but wasn't disruptive (might have been since we were there for a weekend). Cell phone service inside the hotel was a little bit of a challenge, but that might have been my service provider.

I had an excellent stay and would love to go back and stay there again. Remember that there is an NYC surcharge on rooms upon checkout; at my time of travel it was $2/room/night or $4/suite/night which was not included in the PL bill and was due to the hotel at checkout time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]