Priceline Hotel: Reosrt San Juan (Dorado) Hyatt

scottjustin
By scottjustin,
in

I just bid $75.00 for 6/19/04 on Priceline and got the Hyatt Dorado Beach and Country Resort for pre-cruise stay! I also booked 2 rooms since I'm traveling with another couple. I think I did pretty good since the price for 1 night is $185.00 on their website, however I'm not sure how far this resort is from the cruise port! Any help out there? :) Thanks! Sue

First, I tried for the San Juan zone, Resort with a $65.00 bid. It was rejected. I waited 72 hours and bid it again and was rejected. I wanted to bid again but it wasn't 72 hours, so I needed to add someting. I added the Dorado zone and increased my bid to $75.00. That's when it was accepted by the Hyatt. It is listed as a resort I was a little surprised since the date is 5 months away. Then I was a little nervous that the location would be too far. I love the look of the hotel, but I'm still a little unsure about the distance from San Juan. How much do you think the cab fare is?

Sue

I have no idea as to cabfare, but the cabbies there are sharks so be prepared (see the comments in my Caribe Hilton review). Even though you're leaving the San Juan area, i'd imagine you could still get a 'chit' from the dispatcher and have a fixed rate (at the very least, ask the dispatcher how much it should cost).

I'd recommend emailing/calling the hotel and ask how much cab fare is from the airport as well as to the cruise pier... this way you'll have an accurate idea and will know if you're really getting ripped off or not (keep in mind they also charge per bag, so don't think that's part of a scam (although that's debatable :) ))

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]