Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Westin Embassy Row

HilltopBoy
By HilltopBoy,
in

I made this Priceline reservation on 10/6/06, for the Christmas period. I believe that I tried $65 first, then added an area that didn't have a 4* hotel. Total cost w/ tax and service was about $90/night.

The Westin Embassy Row deserves its 4* rating. The rooms are well-appointed and maintained. The level of staff service is quite high. This is a long-time hotel that probably dates from the 20s or so. It is said that Al Gore grew up in the building. The rooms are not as large as they would be in a modern building, but ours was charming, clean and comfortabe and it had a nice, large bathroom with a shower (no tub). I would be happy to return here.

Meals are expensive, though they are well-prepared. For breakfast, Starbucks is one block south on 21st St and Kramerbooks/Afterwords is a few blocks away on Conn. Ave. Both are much better values than the hotel. For dinner, there are innumerable good restaurants in walking distance. There is a small supermarket on P St between 21st and 22nd. Buy your snacks there and save a bundle compared to the mini-bar.

The Dupont Circle metro is 2 blocks away. A taxi from Reagan/National Airport costs about $20.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]