Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying 3.5* Orlando WDW

javaj
By javaj,
in

Nobody has taken a chance on this hotel yet... and frankly i don't blame them!

Why take a chance on a hotel that only tells you that they offer a restaurant. Too many other options in this area, which tell you more about the property, than to take a chance on this one.

I'd bet this is hotel management thinking they're being 'smart' by not giving any clues as to what hotel they are offering... and this is the same management that scratches their head and thinks "nobody uses Hotwire... we don't get any business from them". If they don't want to participate with Hotwire it's their poragative, but they're just fooling themselves and wasting their time by participating!

I'd guess that the 3* coming up on your search is the Grosvner.

You still have some time before this stay, and personally, i'd wait it out and hope some other choices are given to you (or roll the dice with Priceline).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking at this same time period also- June 2-6. I think I got many of the same options as you did for hotels including the illusive 3.5* with only a restaurant. Come on this is Flordia!!! If that is all a 3.5* had to offer they wouldn't survive. But like the earlier post, just for that I would think twice about grabbing it. I don't know if you saw the same hotels I did but as I figure them out (hehe..yah right..to the best of my ability) :) I'll post for you.

So far the really cheap 2.5* for me it was $21 a night rest., pool, fitness, laundry= La Quinta Inn lakeside which is located at 7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34747, just outside of Disney.

*** Remember this is only an educated guess but I think a pretty good one. I'm going to keep searching but I thought for the price and since I didn't see it listed as a Hotwire win yet I would pass it along.

Ok so there is one other option (but a slightly smaller option as it is available around the time we are looking also) and that is a 2.5*=

Holiday Inn Nikki Bird-Maingate-Theme Park

7300 West U.S. 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747

This hotel is a little further away from Disney I believe (not a Disney expert) but still within a mile and I think by Hotwires strange and difficult map maybe still in WDW area.

It has the same amenities and similar pricing to the La Quinta mentioned above. Restaurant-pool-fitness-laundry.

Thanks for all the input. I will wait it out, I'm really hoping for a resort hotel from priceline at around $70 (hoping for the Dolphin but any of the other Priceline resort hotels would be fine), but my attempts have been rejected so far. We also have backup reservations at Shades of Green, so if we don't get a resort hotel we'll stay there. Just thought I'd see what Hotwire had to offer.

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]