Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC Hotel Bidding Assistance Needed 12/28/06 - 01/02/07

jlin2
By jlin2,
in

This was a last minute travle plan so we are still not settled on the hotel yet. Ideal area is MTW, UM -CPS, MTE, and MTS, in that order, and 4*; however, 3* is ok in MTW, UM - CPS, MTE. Since the period includes New years eve, it's very hard to say how high I should go with the bid. I went up to $250 for a 4* yesterday with no luck. So what't the best stragety? Splitting the bid would not be ideal due to possibility of switching hotels. I guess I don't have a whole lot choices, do I? How high should I go with a 4*? TIA.

P.S. We could accept a 3* in these areas.

Splitting the bid would not be ideal due to possibility of switching hotels
At what price does SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID become a viable option? If you could save $25/nite, would it be worthwhile? (that's $125 over the course of your stay)... $50/nite (ie- $250)... $100/nite (ie- $500)

At some point it becomes a viable option... and i don't think you'll find much success without splitting. For example, if you search HOTWIRE you won't find any 4* hotels on the island for this complete stay.

If you really don't want to split, a studio suite at the Affinia Manhattan is available for $295/nite and that seems like a very good deal for dates that include New Year's Eve without splitting... the reviews are excellent. This is also cancellable up until 2 days before your check-in date, so if this is your best option, i would at least book it as a back-up.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response - very helpful suggestions. After some consideration, we felt splitting the bid is not ideal. We stayed at park central (3*) before, and really liked its location. It's about $300 a night staying there, so we may stay there again this time. Thanks again for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]