Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

I decided to test the priceline waters at the last minute for a hotel stay this weekend (I had cancellable back-ups). Needed two rooms for one night 12/9/06.

I figured The Grand Hyatt was in play based on the winning posts on this board plus hotwire is now offering what appears to be the GH for $309 a night for 12/9 (I've been checking for the past month and today is the first day it appeared). This is the exact area I wanted to stay in as most of our activities are in this neighborhood.

I went to savingsbarn.com...

Bid 4* $180 MTE, rejected

added UES and bid $190, rejected

added UWS and bid $200, accepted for the Grand Hyatt.

I've stayed here before and am very pleased with this rate!

Congratulations on your win!

This is an excellent rate for this time of year. Glad you were able to take advantage of it and it worked out as you expected.

Thanks for posting and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Also, dont' forget my frequently recommended Ess-A-Bagel for breakfast one morning... a 10 minute walk from this hotel and make a great and inexpensive breakfast.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare, Ess a Bagel it is!

Also, for others who also get the Grand Hyatt... I have a Hyatt Gold Passport preferred customer card. After getting the bids, I waited an hour or so then called GH and gave them my card #. I also requested the type of rooms we want (both with a King bed and non-smoking). The reservationist said no problem.

Good idea to get a card. You can do so by registering online.

Back from that very quick weekend trip. Had a wonderful time. The Grand Hyatt treated us right. Got two non-smoking rooms with king beds, which is what we wanted. Very quiet and comfortable. Had brunch at Cibo which is on 2nd Ave. at 41st Street, about three blocks from the hotel. Excellent. Radio City Christmas Spectacular...also excellent.

Here are some pix.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556348642gegxYI