Priceline Hotel: Miami Bch, 1/13 - 1/14/07 Help please

birdnutty
By birdnutty,
in

Looking for:

Miami Beach (1st choice) South Beach (2nd) Downtown (last)

Maximum bid: $100

Minimum star rating: 3*,

If I am getting the hang of this, it appears that I have 2 re-bid zones - North Miami, and Southwest

So I bid Miami Beach, 3*, $50 (?). Add re-bid zone No Miami, bid $55. Close browser.

Then I get a little confused as to strategy. Help!

Indeed, two re-bid zones when bidding 3* in the above zones. However, i don't think you're starting your bids high enough for this area, but if you'd like to try to prove me wrong you can lower each of the following bids by $10.

Select 3* Miami Beach...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* South Beach...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Downtown...

Select 3* Miami Beach and South Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Miami Beach and Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Miami Beach and South Beach and Downtown...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

LOVE the Betterchecker. Very convenient. I checked all around till my head is spinning, and rates change faster than I can change pages. It appears that a great majority of the 3* or more are over $200, even at the airport, altho EasyClickTravel has a 3* believed to be Holiday Inn Airport for $109. So I tried to reserve that room, and am waiting to see f they can confirm it.

Have you ever heard of anyone having trouble with canceling their reservation with them? Their terms and conditions were a little fuzzy in places.

As long as EasyClickTravel is cancellable, I'm still interested in obtaining a room in Miami Beach, so would like to try the bidding process again later. I'll have to raise my top bid to $125. Can't go much beyond that.

Thank you!

No problems cancelling with them if within the stated timeframe. We have a good relationship with them and if you have a problem let us know (via PM) and we'll try to help.

For your next round of bidding:

Select 3* Miami Beach...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* South Beach...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Downtown...

Select 3* Miami Beach and South Beach...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Miami Beach and Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 3* Miami Beach and South Beach and Downtown...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the strategy. I tried it two nights ago, with no luck. I still don't know whether or not I have the EasyClickTravel hotel deal or not for that night, so I have to keep trying Priceline.

I guess I can up the bids by $5 or $10, but i'm getting near my limit. Do I use the same strategy, just with the different numbers? I will add the airport area, too, if I must, altho I really am trying to avoid the northwest corner.

Thanks again

I'd wait to see if you got your EasyClickTravel hotel since it is cheaper than if you continued to raise you bids.

If you send me a PM tomorrow with your reservation number (or something else which could identify your reservation) i'll ask our contact there to inquire and get you an answer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]