Priceline Hotel: Help Needed: Orlando over New Year's

BiancaW
By BiancaW,
in

I'm beginning to panic that I won't be able to find a hotel for our Orlando trip over New Year's within our budget. I've used Priceline successfully many times before, even during the same period, but even though there is availability at the hotel Web sites themselves, I can't seem to get a bid accepted.

Here is what I'm trying to get:

2.5* either in Universal-Seaworld or Disney World Vicinity (prefer Universal)

2 rooms

29 December to 3 January

Between $50 and $65 a night

I've bid right up to my maximum with no luck, used up all my free rebids, but no dice - not even an "if you increase your bid by $x..."

Is it completely impossible to get such a request in this period?

Should I lower my star level to 2*? Are 2*s really awful? I've never stayed in one. All our other trips were 3* or above, but it seems impossible this time.

I've checked availability and found the following:

Clarion Hotel Universal 2.5* $113 per night through their web site and ave nightly rate of $86 on Priceline special offers

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Seaworld International Center 2.5* $149 through their Web site and $119 per night through Priceline special rates

Courtyard By Marriott International Drive/Convention Center 2.5* $179 per night changing to $139 per night on 1 January through Web site

Wingate Inn Orlando 2.5* $129 per night

Any advice appreciated.

i think there are too many conferences for the 2nd and 3rd.

You ight want to split your stay. this means you bid separately 29th dec to maybe 2nd or jan at the normal price. I think you will get that easily. if you are lucky try to use the extend your stay button on priceline to extend by abother three night.

If no luck wuth extend your stay, you may have to then bid a separate stay 2nd to 6th jan.

Good luck lets know how you get on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]