Hotwire Hotel: New Years' in Vegas // 12/28/06- 1/1/07

Randomest
By Randomest,
in

Hello,

It seems my best luck would be a $74/night for 12/28/07 through 12/31/07 at what looks like the Westin, and it's a tossup for what would be good for new year's eve, but it looks including the new year's eve date disproporitionately increases the price.

Westin's a decent location and not a bad walk, although, I kind of prefer to stay downtown (I seemed to have missed Golden Nugget at $92/night earlier this week, and which is suddenly $160/night on Hotwire), but it's hard to justify paying $80/night to stay at Vegas Club when you can stay at Westin for $72.

Can anyone thing of a good plan involving the westin's cheap rates and staying somewhere else for New Year's eve?

Or can anyone come up with a good Downtown deal for some or all of those dates?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Randomest

One problem that you may have with your above scenario is that many 'popular' hotels on the strip and downtown will require a multi-nite stay over New Year's Eve. So while availability may show for dates such as 12/30-1/1, you may find little offered when searching for the lone nite of 12/31.

You can use this link to book the Golden Nugget for $70/nite for the first two nites of your stay (if you only want the first nite it's just $55/nite).

For the last two nites everything i'm seeing starts at $200/nite. The Golden Nugget can be had for $215/nite.

Also, not sure if this will work:

Try booking the Westin for 12/30-1/1 for $245/nite (the hotel doesn't appear if only searching for 12/31). This rate is cancellable up until 2 days before your check-in date (this is EasyClickTravel standard policy and i don't see anything different for cancelaltions on New Years Eve (like i see for a few other vegas hotels on their website)). Once you have that reservation, wait a day and call them up and cancel the first nite of 12/30. If they take the one nite cancellation and leave you with the remaining nite of 12/31, then you can go ahead and book the remaining nites thru HOTWIRE (which is where i assume you were referencing it above).

Please use the links in this thread to begin any purchases you make.

Your thoughts on the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear thereuare,

Thanks for writing back. I think your solution is presently the best one.

When hotwire had Westin for $74/night from 12/28 - 12/31, I think it would have been overall the best deal, since it HAD the night of the 30th for less. I shouldn't have passed that one up, but hopefully someone else who reads this forum did get that deal.

But now it seems some combination including the Golden Nugget would be the smartest. Plus, I generally prefer the Golden Nugget anyway (to most properties in Vegas).

[Part of me is wanting to start to refocusing this holiday to New Orleans or Hawaii, with the thought that I might have more fun.]

-Randomest

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]