Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

Gary Lewis
By Gary Lewis,
in

Hi everyone....

Just thought I'd post to say I've finally secured the final two dates (12/13 and 12/14) for my trip. I originally wanted 6 nights at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, but having 12/13 and 12/14 pushed the price up considerably. So decided to take 4 nights (12/15 through to 12/18) at the Hudson (see my other Jersey City Hyatt thread for info), and take my chances on looking for another hotel for the first two nights.

Couldn't find anything suitable, but kept an eye on the Hyatt Regency 'just in case'. It was running around $323 per night for about the last 10 days, but finally it dropped to $144 yesterday. I didn't want to risk waiting any longer, and booked! It's great that I've got all six nights in the one location. Just need to mail the hotel now to see if they will let us keep the same room for the entire duration.

Many thanks for everyone's help and suggestions..... couldn't have done it without you.

On a side note.... we're flying into Newark International airport at about midday. I am researching the best price/covenience of getting to the Hyatt Regency, but not doing very well. Given that the PATH sits right outside the hotel, is there a connection between the Airtrain and PATH that might make a cheap and convenient jouney? Or is it just a whole lot less hassle to get a cab? Should I make a new post for this request for help?

On the way back home to the UK, we're flying from JFK. I'm thinking I should just get a taxi. Any idea what I should expect to pay? I could live with $60?

Gary

Have a good look on this board as I've done this exact journey, though I caught a Taxi from EWR to Secaucus as it was midnight. Cost $35 I think, the Hyatt is closer so should be slightly cheaper

There is a link from the Air Train to the PATH

The rail option would cost less than $10 per person (I think).

Hyatt to JFK

If you're canny and don't have too much luggage you can get the E train from the WTC to the Air Train connection to JFK.

Total cost is PATH $1.50, Subway $2.00 Airtrain $5.00. Allow about 1.5 hrs for the whole journey.It's very easy.

The other optiion is to book a shuttle, cost about $17.00 per person.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]