AL Mobile La Quinta West

EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
5% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

Express Deals or RETAIL HOTELS

(click here) and use

promo code

: BBOCT2019

(3+ stars / 2+ nites / expires 10/31/2019)
in

This is an older motel type property with exterior corridors. It has been recently remodeled and was very clean and comfortable for our 1 night stay. The front desk was pleasant and we had no problem getting a nonsmoking double room. The beds/linens were fine. The bath was small but adequate. No problems with temperature. Free internet and breakfast, lots of tv channels, iron, hairdryer. There was a bit of noise outside from dumpsters at an adjoining property being emptied at 5 am. We won this bid for $45. I don't think we would bid this star/zone again since we just don't like exterior corridors. There was a note on our table about a rash of burglaries at this property, even when rooms were occupied (guess that is robbery). That definately put a crimp in our ability to relax. I guess I am grateful for the warning but don't think the $20 I saved was worth the worry after I read the note. This property usually has a $59 prepaid rate. There were lots of construction workers staying there as there is still a lot of work to do on the Gulf Coast.

I booked this hotel for two nights through Priceline for a pre-cruise stay. This was my second visit to this hotel, the first visit was in June 2006.

Upon arrival at 2:00 a.m., the front desk staff took an inordinate amount of time to find my room. In addition, I had called ahead and requested a crib for the room. I was told there was not a crib in the room and that the front desk did not have the ability to get one at that time. When I made it to the room I discovered there were no towels and there was a dead bug (dirt dobber) on the floor. Other problems in the room were burned out light bulbs, the remote did not work well, and the A/C did not work well. I heard other guests report the pool was cloudy. Positives were the inclusion of a refrigerator in the room and the water pressure.

For the price I paid for this room, I feel I received adequate quality. However, if I was paying the retail price for this hotel, I would feel the hotel was substandard. I would only recommend this hotel if you can get it for a substantial bargain off the retail price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this