Priceline Hotel: NYC in December

rb-boddabing
By rb-boddabing,
in

We are planning a trip to New York city December 7th thru the 9th. We are hoping to get a three or possible four star in either ME or MW, would accept Upper East. Do you think it would be possible to pay under three hundred dollars a month for a room during this time? If need be, we would only spend one night, Thursday night if prices are way too high on a Friday night.

Do you think that this is doable or should I completely forget the idea? How would I approach the bidding and should I do it now or just before departure? We do have a place to stay outside of the city but would love to spend a day or two in NYC.

Any and all ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Rates are extremely expensive for either of these nites. Would you consider the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City? It's nearby a PATH train station which will have you in the city in 15 minutes and can be had for about $125/nite. For that savings i think it's a good alternative... even if you opted for a taxi (or limo :) ) home from the city.

Let us know if this is an option or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

See the related "bid early or close to arrival" in our PRICELINE FAQ.

In addition to the thoughts in the link above, while you wait (hope) for prices to come down, you could also see the HOTWIRE offer for Jersey City disappear (as it only appears for one of the nites you're considering).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help in this matter. We did go to New York on those dates and the hotels were incredibly expensive. We stayed at a friends house in White Plains, NY and took the train into the city. We were very lucky to do that.

Would still like to stay in NYC sometime but will definately pick a time that isn't so expensive!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]