Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Airport MCO) Amerisuites West

dwnh
By dwnh,
in

I've encountered something peculiar. When I search for MCO Airport for November 15-17 I'm returned three choices, one of which is:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

High-speed Internet Access

... at $41 a night. The others are a 2-star for $51 and a 3-star for $104.

When I add a third day (11/15-18), the other two properties remain the same (prices fluctuate a tad) but the 2.5-star I'm presented now has:

Suite

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

And the price is the same, $41.

Do you think they are the same hotel with different amenities? Or is it just a weird coincidence?

Any thoughts on which it/they might be?

Thanks.

the non suite is one of the two La Quinta's at the airport, most likely the exteriot corridor "west" location.

the suite hotel is one of the two Amerisuites at the airport, most likely the airport "west" location.

I would suggest trying for a 2.5* on priceline before buying these, as the Amerisuites can usually be won for $33 to $36. The only other reported 2.5* that I know of (might not be on the lists here) are the Wingate Inn and the Courtyard by marriott which are both newer properties. There is a chance you could be upgrade to a 3* but probably not until you bid in the $40+ range.

The La Quinta's are only 2* on priceline.

Bid Airport Zone 2.5* $27. PL immediately came back and said no, but try upping it by $7.

I said "nah," added Kissimee Zone and bid $29. Still no bite.

So I added Sand Lake Zone and bid $31. (Still had Disney West and Winter Park zones to add of needed, but I didn't think I'd need to go beyond $34 because of PL's kind offer early on.)

Thanks runNgun, BB.com and SavingsBarn!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]