Priceline Hotel: Need help finding 2* hotel for one-night in NYC 11/4-11/5

kimsbeom
By kimsbeom,
in

Hi,

I booked pickwick hotel through EasyClickTravel but pickwick hotel did not accept my reservation. A guy in the front desk said they no longer do business with woogo.com(?) and let me speak with a lady over the phone for transferring to another hotel or paying pickwick directly (?).

I got angry because EasyClickTravel had enough time to notify this incident but they didn't. The front desk guy showed me a letter saying they stopped doing business with woogo.com from Oct 27 and I made my reservation in Oct 27!!! How come this kind of things can occur?

BTW, what is 'woogo.com'? I thought I made reservation through EasyClickTravel?

Anyway, the lady over the phone has transferred me to Hotel 307 which locates at 79th and W. End Ave. I had to take a cab because pickwick locates at MTE. The story didn't end here. The clerk in the office (yes, they don't have a front desk) said I should be transferred elsewhere.

Long story short, I denied another transfer and they let me stay at the Hotel 307. The location was not too bad although pickwick seems better located. BUT I had to kill two cockroaches in that room. I don't mind small room but I hate it when it feels dirty. I had another issue with heating the room but I just didn't know the room is heated by a "radiator". I never stayed in such room before.

Now I'm staying Hyatt Regency in Jersey City and it's heaven!

Can I trust EasyClickTravel? I booked a hotel before and I was satisfied at that time. I'm not sure whether I'll book another hotel through EasyClickTravel.

p.s. I was at near Central Park in Sunday, the Marathon day. Yes, it was really crowded but it was fun to watch so many marathoners... :)

That's very odd...

Woogo is a very unscrupulous real estate subrental company, a/k/a Your Stay. If you want to read more about it go to the New York City board on tripadvisor.com and plug in woogo in the search feature.

To my knowledge, Easyclicktravel has nothing to do with woogo, anymore than any other travel site. You might want to post this query on the Off Topic: Run of the House board to see if anyone can translate Pickwickeze.

KatiesMom,

Thanks for your reply. I checked tripadvisor as you suggested. I found myself agreeing with most bad reviews on Hotel 307!!! Reviews on Woogo Devon seems mixed. I got interested in Devon because the staff in Hotel 307 said I was supposed to be transferred to Devon.

One thing I'm still confused is how on earth woogo.com dealt with my reservation in the first place. I want to use only dependable sites. How can I avoid woogo like ones?

Anyway, I enjoyed this NY trip. That's what matters. :)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me quickly update you about what has been done to the happening in the NY trip. I know my posting is getting rather off-topic. If admin wants to move this thread to other forum, I'm pretty ok with it.

I posted my complaints about the reservation through EasyClickTravel (and eventually handled by woogo) but I didn't know what to do with it. I was just upset. Thereuare was kind enough to address this issue to EasyClickTravel and I just got notified that EasyClickTravel has fully refunded my reservation.

I want to thank thereuare for helping me to get compensated and also want to let you know that EasyClickTravel did take responsibility. Next time I find a good deal in EasyClickTravel, I'll probably use it based on my experience with them so far. :)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]