Priceline Hotel: newbie needs advice re: Hyatt West Hollywood

otottmom
By otottmom,
in

Hello... I'm brand new here and to the whole Priceline thing. I'm very impressed with the info on this site and I'm wondering if anyone can offer tips on how I can increase my chances of getting the Hyatt West Hollywood through Priceline. My friends are already booked there (spent $225.00!) for one night, Nov 4th. We have a concert to go to across the street at House of Blues, so we'd like to stay with them at the Hyatt on Sunset. I, however, do not want to spend $225.00, easpecially after what I've read about it.

What should my strategy be when I attempt to get this property through Priceline? I've never done this before. From what I understand...I should request a 3 star property in West Hollywood (?) and maybe bid $90.00???? Does that sound right? I'm willing to pay $100 - $150. I do not care a thing about the ammenities. We're just looking to be at the same hotel as our friends (conveniently across the street from HOB) and we don't want to pay $225.00. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, I will be more than happy to:

follow the links advised on this site when bidding

post the results of my experience on this site

Thank you in advance for your wisdom!

Julie

Thanks for your response. I read those threads as well as many others, but it's all kinda confusing at this point. I guess once I experience it firsthand, the info provided on this site will become much clearer.

In my original post, I should've stated that I will accept any hotel within my set parameters...but I will be hoping and praying that I receive The Hyatt West Hollywood. What is the best strategy to use to increase my chances of getting The Hyatt West Hollywood? My area is Beverly Hills/West Hollywood, 3 star rating, maximum bid is $150.00 (of course I'd rather pay $80.00 which is what others have paid through PL). Also, does anyone know if The Hyatt West Hollywood would come up under PL's area map for Beverly Hills/W.Hollywood or just plain Hollywood? I hope this post provides the right information for someone to help me...if not, please let me know what I'm doing wrong. I just want to go into this armed with a plan. Thanks again!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually looking to do the same - I want to stay in the Hyatt West Hollywood but have little interest in staying in the other two 3* West Hollywood hotels that show up in the list as ones that Priceline uses.

Any way of improving my chances of getting that specific hotel or anyone know what the odds are of getting it at random?

"Help" like that provided by 'thenewbie' is not necessary - but if anyone has any useful information - I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks!

You can't target a specific hotel via Priceline. If there is a hotel you want to target, or hotel(s) you want to avoid, HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can use the amenitities and star ratings to take an educated guess as to the property you will receive.

otottmom,

Since your date has already passed, what did you end up doing for this stay?

tboylex2k,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and include the date(s) of your travel. If you do need to book direct, there is a link to HYATT in our support page.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...

Sorry I'm so late in replying here, I never knew you posted a question. For what it's worth...we ended up cashing in America PRICELINE EXPRESS reward points to use toward a room at The Hyatt West Hollywood and booked it directly through the hotel. For this particular location, I'm glad we didn't take our chances through PL. I do have a new request for help on this area again...I'll start a new topic for that one. Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]