Priceline Hotel: San Juan 1/26/07

0ldog
By 0ldog,
in

I'm new to PL & HW so excuse my ignorance. I'm trying to get a pre-cruise booking for 2 rooms for one night (Friday 1/26/07) in San Juan. I've followed the suggestions I've seen on these boards, starting with resorts then adding *'s and locations while raising bids up to $100 to no avail.

Having only gotten to the "Nothing available in that price range screen" My question is....... when I do get a bid that's accepted what will my options be? Do I get a choice or will it be just one location? I understand from what I've read that once accepted I'm stuck with it.

Thanks for the help............ great site by the way.

John

This is still peak season in San Juan and rates for resort class properties thru traditional methods are $300+ for the nite above.

What is your maximum bid? Do you have a back-up reservation... if so, where and how much?

If/when your bid is accepted, you will be given the name of the hotel and you own it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the help and advice. Yes, I do have a backup. I guess I was hoping to score one of those $300+ rooms for $65. You're probably right about the date, that's a members cruise leaving the next day and most of them are pretty savvy travelers.

Thanks,

John

This is what I've done so far to no avail.

2 Rooms 4 People 1 night 1/26/07

RESORT Intercontinental $319, El San Juan $309

Bid $65 San Juan Resort

Bid $70 San Juan + Dorado

Bid $75 San Juan, Dorado + Mayaguez

(no resorts in Dorado or Mayaguez so really just bid in San Juan three times

Second Day I did same thing but increased bids to $80, $85 & $90

Third Day I raised Bid and added 3*

3 * Radisson $209, Holiday Inn $209, Embassy Suites $309

Bid $95 San Juan Resort

Bid $100 San Juan + 3*

Now What ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]