Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Gaylord Palms

torontofan
By torontofan,
in

I don't usually PL rooms at WDW because I prefer on-site. However, I'll throw in my 2 cents... just remember, my advice is worth what I charge for it-- absolutely nothing!

Did you check the Hilton, Gaylord, etc. websites for availability and prices for your dates? First of all, if they're not available from the hotel website, they're almost assuredly not going to be available on PL; so that'll give you an idea of your chance of success as well as how much $$ it might take. I would expect a winning bid to be no more than 50% of the lowest website rate. For example, if the Hilton has a nonrefundable web-only rate of $199, I'd figure the best I'll do on PL will be right around $100.

I do think it may be too early for PL to have inventory; however, with your popular peak dates, I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting around for that inventory to appear. You need to get a cancellable backup, pronto (if you haven't already).

I also recommend checking out www.mousesavers.com for room discount codes for on-site resorts or specials at Downtown Disney hotels. Remember to use the links from betterbidding.com if you can. Expedia.com sometimes runs good sales on Disney properties, too, so that'd be worth a look (but you have to add a $5 service fee there, I think).

Make sure you check all the other Disney-related topics on the Priceline Florida section; you might find some more useful information there.

This should be enough to get you started. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were ultimately successful, happy with the results, and saved some cash!

While on vacation this past week i commented to my wife that when our daughter is old enough to go to Disney this is the hotel i'd like to target... it looks great, especially for kids.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]