Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

Netters
By Netters,
in

The Doubletree Metropolitan is located on Lexington Ave, which is in the MTE zone... since the above HOTWIRE hotel is in the MTC zone it couldn't be the Metropolitan. Do you recall the dates you search for to make this appear in the vacation product so we can update our hotel list for this property?

The HOTWIRE property above is a match for the Hudson Hotel so that would be our best guess.

January is typically low season (and low rates) in NYC so i think you should be able to get a good rate on a 4* hotel if you raise your bid from 'lowball levels'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Never know where the bottom is, which is why we bid in 'series', but given the season, i suspect that $110-$140 should eventually do it... although if not successful now i wouldn't necessarily bid higher than that (but would book a cancellable back-up).

PS- the doubletree no longer shows up for those dates thru the VP

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Success for 4* MTE Grand Hyatt for $115/night (w/$10 bonus money) for Jan. 24 to Jan. 27, 2007

Bid stategy was:

4* MTW 115

+UES 120

Out

4* MTW + UWS 125

+UES 130

Out

4* MTW+UMCPS 120

+UES 125

+UES 130

Out

4* MTE 115

ACCEPTED

Had previously bid MTE to $125 with no luck. The best rate on the Grand Hyatt website is $249 for Wed. and Thur. and $269 for Fri. I am thrilled.

Thereuare-I know you like this place, so please provide any tips you may have. ESSA bagel?

~used savingsbarn.com link as usual. Thanks.

Annette :)

Nice job... i suspected rates would come down from when you previously bidding. NYC is typically slow in the winter.

To clarify, did you bid $115+$10 Bonus money or was it $105+$10 Bonus money?

Send me a PM with what type of foods/drink/atmosphere (ie- do you need atmosphere or just good food?) you like along with a budget for "dinner for two".

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]